Due to COVID restrictions from the state of Virginia and best practices to keep all participants, staff, and attendees safe, the race will function differently than it has in the past, but we feel will still provide our runners with a great race experience.
PLEASE take the time to read the following information before you register. We want everyone to understand how this new and unique process will work on race day.
· We will begin the race in wave starts. This means that there will not be one mass start but rather a start every 10 minutes with only 50 runners in each group. When you register, you will choose a distance and time frame in which to start.
· ALL 10K RUNNERS will run in the 8 o’clock hour. The first wave starts at 8AM and runs every 10 minutes until 9AM.
· ALL 5K RUNNERS will run in the 9 o’clock hour. The first wave starts at 9AM and runs every 10 minutes.
· Both the 5K and 10K races will be chip timed.
· Small bottled water will be provided at the finish and at one water stop on the courses. These water stops will be self-serviced.
· Port-a-Johns will be available at Constitution Park for the start and finish of the race.
· Awards will be mailed following the race. Awards will include the top 3 female and top 3 male, for each age division, and the overall winners of each distance.
· All participants and attendees are asked to maintain social distance of 6 feet or more between themselves and others that live outside of their household.
· Masks are required when you cannot maintain social distancing.
· Runners do not have to run with a mask on. Be respectful of your fellow runners when at the start line, on the course, and at the finish.
All in-person event participants who are registered by September 28th at midnight will receive a race bib in the mail prior to race day.
Participants who register AFTER September 29th will need to pick up their race bib at the park on race day.