A historical stomp to test your resolve, intensity and character. A battle awaits you at Coyner Springs Park as we pay homage to our City’s namesake, General “Mad” Anthony Wayne. Numerous “battles” will confront you along this 4.3 mile course.
It’s gonna be a Revolution!
Saturday – February 22, 2014…….the battle begins at 9:30 AM
NEW FOR 2014! We have a few things brewing for this year’s event. What are they? How about some new battles for you? A new course in the works? I think so! We will now have a wave start to avoid crowding at obstacles, you can now compete as a team and we will have a costume contest! Look for more information below! We hope to see you there!
Stay tuned for a revamped course map.
Includes a long sleeve tech tee, finishers medal, bonfires & beers at the finish
$35 through January 16
$45 January 17 through February 12
$55 February 13 through Race Day
- MUD of course!!!! This trail run style course brings excitement and vigor to those looking to participate. With an average temperature of 45 degrees, this course will get your blood pumping and prove to be a clash for competitors of all abilities.
- In addition to rolling terrain this historical stomp will include a few “battles” to test your resolve. Think of them as challenges for more than just your legs…..you might even have to know a little history….hmmmm?
New for 2014
- Prizes for best costumes will be given out to the best single, tandem and group costume winners. Judging will be from 8:15am-9:00am. You must complete the course is your costume! Awards will be given out at the post race party.
- Do you have friends to run with? Sign up your team…teams can be all male, all female or mixed. Teams must be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8.
- Shorter lines at the obstacles…we will have a wave start. When you register, you must select one of 3 corrals. Awards will be based on chip time so you can still start last and finish first!
Battle of Monmouth: Tire Pit
Through the bravery of the General Mad Anthony Wayne, the Americans were able to push through the failed first attack and rally themselves which built their confidence. At the tire pit, you will find yourself building confidence running through tires hoping not to get your feet tangled at this first battle.
Battle of Green Spring: Balance Beam
Heavily outnumbered and British soldiers surrounding them, the General Mad Anthony reformed his line and they charged in unison through the swampy terrain with bayonets fixed! Battle 2 brings a balance beam suspended over mud, testing your balance and coordination.
Battle of Brandywine: Scale the Wall
Mad Anthony tried to rally his troops to prove they could stand against the British- outnumbered he was unable to make a stand and had to retreat. With a mere 6 foot wall standing in your way, will you retreat?
Battle of Stony Point: Hay Bale Climb
Know as “the most brilliant victory of “Mad Anthony’s” career”, General Wayne led his troops to capture the elevated & heavily fortified position through the dead of the night. The hay bale climb will meet you with force as you try to scale up and over the massive barrier on your way to victory.
Battle of Fallen Timbers: Log Challenge
With the Native American’s taking a defensive position where trees had blown over, Mad Anthony led his rigorously prepared troops to victory. Our advice to you, prepare to go over and under the fallen timbers that want to annihilate you!
Battle of Trois Rivieres: Swamp Terrain/Tunnel
Clearly outmatched by the British, Mad Anthony had no choice but to retreat through the unfamiliar swampy terrain and hide in the woods for safety. Watch your step as you trample through the most anticipated challenge yet! The mud and the muck of our swamp terrain will strike fear into your feet and ankles. Hopefully you survive the fence and river crossings in one piece before making your way to safety through our darkened tunnel. Prepare to meet your match! Prepare to get wet!
Battle of Paoli: Mystery Obstacle
After making a tactical error that found his troops on the end of a surprise attack, General Wayne demanded that he be court marshaled because of his actions! With a mystery obstacle at this stage in your quest for victory, how will you respond with the unknown?
Battle of Germantown: Tunnel Crawl
Lack of visibility caused Mad Anthony to lead his troops against a platoon of American forces he mistakenly thought were redcoats. In the utter chaos of heavy gun fire they became disorganized and had to retreat. When crawling through our various tunnels going up the hill, don’t let lack of visibility undermine your judgment and fall back in anguish.
The Fine Print
- This is not your typical mud run! Expect a challenging course with numerous “Battles” and ankle deep mud in spots.
- The course is open to traffic! I mean, come on…deer and squirrels can be hazardous too!!
- The post race party and awards ceremony will be held at The Coyner Springs Shelter, located adjacent to the finish line.
- Race day registration will be taken from 8:30am- 9:00am.
- You must be at least 15 years old on or before February 22, 2014 to participate
Race Day Directions
Coyner Springs Park is located at 2091 Lyndhurst Rd in Waynesboro Va.
From I-64, take Exit 94. When you get off the exit ramp, turn left onto Rosser Ave/US-340 S. Continue to follow US-340 S. Turn left at the stop light onto Ladd Rd. Continue on Ladd Rd, it turns into Lyndhurst Rd. Turn Left into Coyner Springs Park.
Google Map Link
As a reward for your battlefield victory, all finishers will be awarded with our custom made Mad Anthony Mud Run Medal. This medal was taken from the likeness of the medal Congress awarded to General Wayne after his victory at Stony Point on July 15th, 1799.
- Overall Male
- Overall Female
- Overall Male Group
- Overall Female Group
- Overall Mixed Group
- Best Costume – Single
- Best Costume – Tandem
- Best Costume – Group (3+)