8th Annual Park to Park 1/2 Marathon
April 30, 2016
Check us out on Facebook to view pictures from 2015 race day!
Experience the best views in the Shenandoah Valley on this 13.1 mile point to point course connecting Augusta County’s Stuarts Draft Park to Waynesboro’s Ridgeview Park. Gently rolling hills, mountain vistas and beautiful serene river crossings make this Park to Park course a must do spring race. The race will be completely supported with fully stocked aid stations and a post race party at the finish line.
Check out the Park to Park course map in REVERSE! That’s right, we are changing things up this year. For the first seven years of the race participants ran from Waynesboro’s Ridgeview Park to Stuarts Draft Park. This year we will be starting in Stuarts Draft and ending at Ridgeview Park in Waynesboro. Stay tuned for more details in the coming months!
Some of the best views in the Valley, performance wicking t-shirt, finisher’s medal, fully stocked aid stations, chip timing, post race party with food & drink and the satisfaction of knowing that a portion of your race fee will be donated to Therapeutic Adventures, Inc.
We are excited that a portion of the proceeds from this year’s race will be donated to Therapeutic Adventures, Inc. based in Charlottesville, Virginia. Therapeutic Adventures, Inc. is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) charitable educational organization, committed to providing greater access to adaptive outdoor recreation (Adaptive Snow Sports, Adaptive Water Sports, and Adaptive Wilderness Adventures) — their primary goal is to improve the quality of life of ALL persons by helping them achieve independence in the outdoor environments where adaptive adventure activities are offered and enjoyed.
First Time Runners
Not sure you are ready for 13.1 miles? We have assembled a few sites to help you get motivated and help you train properly to run your first half marathon. Follow these links to get started!
- The course will be open to traffic, with support from local law enforcement at key intersections. Be sure to run facing traffic!
- Buses will take runners to the start beginning at 5:30 AM. The last bus will depart Ridgeview Park at 6:30am. If you miss the bus, you miss the race!
- The post race party and awards ceremony will be held at Ridgeview Park.
- Course time limit will be 3 hours (13:34 minute mile pace).
- Headphones (iPods, mp3 players, etc) are allowed on the race course, but are used at the risk of each individual runner.
- Baby joggers are NOT allowed for this race.
- Family members wishing to watch runners at the start MUST enter Stuarts Draft Park at the Edgewood entrance off of 340.
- There will be no refunds three weeks prior to race day.
- You must be at least 12 years old on or before April 30, 2016 to participate.
Interested in Getting Involved
Opportunities to gain exposure for your business or civic group still exist. For more information contact Waynesboro Parks and Recreation @ 540-942-6735.
Race Day Locations
Ridgeview Park- 700 S Magnolia Ave Waynesboro, VA 22980
- Saturday morning packet pick-up (time TBD)
- Race day parking
- Shuttle to start line
- Finish line
- Post race showers available
- Awards ceremony and rockin’ band!
Stuarts Draft Park- 96 Edgewood Ln Stuarts Draft, VA 24477
- Start line
- Grass lot parking for start line spectators
Awards for Park to Park Half Marathon:
Includes gift certificates & great running schwag.
|Overall Male/Female: 1st|
|Overall Masters Male/Female: 1st|
|Division Winners: 1st, 2nd & 3rd|
|Male – 12-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44. 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & over
Female – 12-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44. 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & over
Need a Great Night’s Sleep